Click here to submit a Food Pantry Order for pick-up: https://forms.gle/cXfY5TPxpZ44Q8U26
The Rockbridge Hunger Coalition is a group of organizations in Rockbridge County committed to fighting hunger and food insecurity in the county. We include a number of organizations serving meals, providing groceries, and teaching nutrition lessons across Rockbridge. All of the partners will be working together more intensely during the coming weeks.
As of March 16th, the RARA Food Pantry, the Mobile Food Pantries, and the Bridge to Hope Food Pantry are all operating as a drive thru at normal hours. The food pantries at Gospel Way Church of Christ and the Natural Bridge/Glasgow Pantry are operating as normal. The Community Table is closed. Meals on Wheels and Meals for Shut-ins will operate as normal. Local public schools are working on a meal plan for children under 18 with locations throughout the county. If you have any concerns about being able to access food, please call (540) 461-8917 and leave a detailed message.
RARA Programming Updates
While the health of our neighbors remain our top priority, we know that hunger doesn’t sleep and financial emergencies do not self-quarantine. We remain committed to our beliefs that everyone deserves nutritious food and warm, safe shelter. Therefore, we are continuing to offer emergency relief to the community in the coming weeks, and we are coordinating with our partners, both local and regional, to make sure programming runs as effectively as possible. As we do this, we are listening to public health experts to make sure we conduct our operations as safely as we can.
Our HelpLine (463-6642) will continue to accept applications by phone Monday-Thursday from 9:30AM-12PM and we will also accept initial requests by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In an effort to care well for our shoppers and our volunteers, we ask you to observe the following changes at RARA’s Food Pantry and all Mobile Food Pantries:
* We are moving to a drive-thru model for regular pantry hours (Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 2:30-4:30 and Saturday from 10-12). Please follow directions from volunteers to register, select your food preferences, and receive your food (all from the comfort of your car).
* If you are at high risk for health complications OR are currently sick, please send a family member, neighbor or friend to pick up food on your behalf. If you are unable to identify a proxy, please call (540) 463-6943 to discuss your options. We are asking high risk or sick volunteers to stay home as well.
* If you are relatively low risk, healthy, and able, please communicate your willingness to serve as a proxy to your family and friends. We may also need volunteers to make deliveries at a future date.
* If you cannot get to one of our sites during normal distribution hours, pickup can be scheduled during non-pantry hours by emailing email@example.com or calling (540) 461-8917 and leaving a message..
* We have had many community members step up to fill volunteer slots. Our Volunteer Coordinator will be adding open shifts to our online volunteer listings as we identify new needs. You can use https://givepul.se/xaxi3.
Given that the situation is quickly changing, please continue to monitor our website and Facebook page, where we will post any future updates. We are working with our Rockbridge Hunger Coalition partners and we will continue to share additional information about our regional response.
If you have any questions, concerns, or creative ideas, please do not hesitate to reach out. Contact Jen Handy, RARA Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (540) 463-6943.